28 Ocak 2016 Perşembe

REFLECTION TASK 1 - A - JOINING TO A METU CLUB

         There are several Student Clubs and Societies performing lots of activities in METU. While I checked the webpage http://www.metu.edu.tr/student-clubs-and-societies I could not find any suitable club for antiques and collections. I would like to apply to the Cultural Affairs Unit in order to facilitate and establish one club dealing with antiques and collectibles.

         Collecting old, antique items is a very old hobby and habit around the world that especially European countries are very famous about collecting very valuable items for centuries. There are many special and private collections about coins, rare books, oil paintings, etc which are on the exhibition in many public and private museums in many different cities.

        I have been collecting many different things such as stamps, coins, old books, pencils, semi precious gemstones, etc. since the age of 6 and it already passed 40 years now in collecting. I am very much pleased to have such a wonderful hobby that I met many experienced collectors all around the world and learned many valuable information about general topics and sometimes about my own collections. I am grateful to them always.

       It would be a pleasure for me also to initiate a social club in METU that dealing with this issue and promoting the idea of collecting valuable items and sharing knowledge about all suitable subtopics of collecting items. Since I am a qualified collector and registered to Anatolian Civilizations Museums as an antique coin collector, I believe that I can provide enough information and experience for anybody who would like to begin collecting things and I can also easily make expertise about anything on these topics.

      I would like to establish one club in this field and I hope to promote awarenes about collecting in general and antique items in particular.

     Best wishes,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder